Is everyone telling you that long-distance relationships don’t work? Do you want to prove them wrong? In this case, start exploring the simplest ways to deepen your connection with your soul mate. Create trust, show your support, improve your daily communication, increase your level of flexibility and be generous. Every once in a while, surprise your beloved with a long distance relationship gift that will let him/her know that you care.
What Should You Look for?
Contrary to popular belief, the best presents are not the most expensive ones, but the ones that create powerful, unforgettable emotions and make both of you stay in sync, even when physical distance is threatening to bury your love story. Buy and send gifts that enable you to share something with the one that means the world to you.
Try to defy time zone differences by reading the same book, playing the same video game or watching the same movie at the same time. Who would have thought that your common taste in books, movies or video games could bring you closer in no time? All these products represent accessible, fabulous gift ideas, especially if you can actually find a book or a movie that has a special meaning for you two. Here are 6 other long distance relationship gift suggestions that you and your better half might appreciate.
1) Matching Pillow Cases. Nothing says “I love you and I miss you” louder than a set of matching pillow cases with a funny, “my side, her side” type of message. These cute items basically show that you hate to sleep by yourself and you feel willing to share your living space and your whole life with a very special someone.
2) Dual Time Watch. Are you having a hard time trying to understand her schedule and adapt to it, because of the time zone difference? Don’t let this small impediment compromise your relationship. Buy her a sleek dual time watch. Or better yet, get her the modern Seiko Multi Time Clock with Dual Displays or the superb Bulova Black Wood Dual Time Clock. Both models are extremely versatile, tasteful decorative elements that would look good in just about any type of home.
3) Personalized Everyday Items. Love is in the tiniest details. You don’t have to break the bank to be able to afford insanely expensive gifts for your beloved one. In most cases, tiny but essential everyday items could represent the perfect present idea and will help you both stand the test of time. You could choose to buy a set of matching coffee mugs, a personalized keychain, a classy wallet or bracelets with charms. You can’t go wrong with either one of these items: they are affordable, practical and beautiful at the same time.
4) Picture Frames. A picture frame on his or her desk says it all: you are in love and are 100% determined to make things work. You may not share the same home or office, but you don’t plan to let distance stand in your way. By simply conducting an online search, you can find thousands of different attractive models in your price range, available in various colors, shapes and sizes. You know what they say: a picture is worth more than one thousand words. Take a good one, frame it and turn it into the most meaningful memory. The Malden Linear Black Picture Frame is a great option that you may want to factor in.
5) Plush Toy Bouquets. We will let you in on a little secret: you are never too old for toys. If flowers aren’t really your thing and you’d rather spend a little more money on a heart-melting gift that will help you swipe your girl off her feet, send one of those adorable plush toy bouquets. Custom arrangements are usually available, so you can personalize your amazing present as you see fit. After all, what could be sweeter than a bunch of unicorns, teddies or puppies that instantly put a smile on anyone’s face?
6) Girlfriend/Boyfriend Pillow. Worried that your girlfriend/boyfriend may need a big hug when you’re not around? At this point, one of the funniest, most appreciated long distance relationship gifts can actually solve your problem and help you attain peace of mind. Girlfriend/boyfriend pillows are the perfect companions: they are a good shoulder to cry on and can become an ideal sleeping bed mate that won’t threaten your relationship in any way. This gift will give you the certainty that your loved one is in good hands even when you’re miles away from home. Apart from their cool factor, these pillows also offer the firmest sleeping support.
Stuffed with microbeads and covered by a removable, resistant microfiber shirt, this type of pillow is easy to care for. Need another reason to buy this item? If so, think about it from a different angle: your partner in crime will be able to get a good night’s rest in the arms of an optimal substitute, without being forced to deal with snoring or any tossing and turning. This product could become an excellent long-term investment.